Railway Budget 2016 Highlights
Railway Budget 2016 has been presented. Rail Budget 2016 Highlights/Railway Budget 2016 Highlights are as follows. Railway Budget Highlights and Updates are available in the new website www.railbudget2016.indianrailways.gov.in which was launched yesterday. Railway Budget 2016-2017 has been presented by the Railway Minister Mr.Suresh Prabhu today afternoon.
- No hike in railway fares. This is a good news for many a people.
- 33% sub-quota for women under all reserved categories will be introduced.
- Beautification will be done at Ajmer, Amritsar, Bihar Sharif, Chengannur, Dwarka, Gaya, Haridwar, Mathura, Tirupati, Varanasi stations.
- FM radio stations to provide train borne entertainment via Public Addressing systems
- Railways Publish Rail Bandhu magazine in all regional languages
- Antyodaya Express long-distance super fast trains will be introduced for unreserved passengers.
- Children’s menu, baby foods, baby boards available for traveling mothers
- Optional Insurance to Passengers.
- Extending e-catering to all rail stations
- E-ticket facility for foreign debit and credit card holders
- Tejas 130 kmh Trains will be introduced
Rail Budget 2016 Updates
- cancellation facility through 139 helpline number
- Double-Decker trains to be introduced on business travel routes.
- Deen Dayal coaches for long distance trains for unreserved passengers.
- Railway University will soon be established
- Hourly booking of waiting rooms
- Wi-Fi at 100 stations this year
- introduced 1,780 automatic ticket vending machine
- Porters will not be called as coolies from now. They will be called Sahayaks from now. Soft Skills training will be given to them.
- Suburban trains will likely be introduced in Karnataka.
- install GPS-based digital display in coaches for showing upcoming railway station information.
- 20,000 display screens across 2,000 station for better dissemination of information to passengers
Railway Budget 2016/Rail Budget 2016-2017 LIVE Updates will also be available at the official Rail Budget 2016 Twitter Account. https://twitter.com/hashtag/RailBudget2016?src=hash
This page will be updated with Latest Updates from Railway Budget 2016/Rail Budget 2016-2017 as soon as it is released officially @www.railbudget2016.indianrailways.gov.in
Check the following link for Railway Budget 2016/Rail Budget 2016 latest updates