Schedule for Haryana Municipal Election 2016
|Date for filing Nominations||5 May to 11 May 2016|
|Date for scrutiny of nominations||12-May-16|
|Last date for withdrawal of candidatures||13-May-16|
|Date of poll||22-May-16 (7 A.M. and 5 P.M)|
|Date of counting||22-May-16|
Important Points of Haryana Municipal Polls
- Polls would be held in 385 wards of 15 Municipal Councils – Charkhi Dadri, Hansi, Kaithal, Narnaul, Tohana, Fatehabad, Sohna, Bahadurgarh, Narwana, Jind, Thanesar, Hodal, Palwal, Mandi Dabwali, and Gohana.
- Functional toilet at residence among the eligibility criteria for candidates
- Qualification for a women candidate or a candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste would be middle standard (VIII) pass and women candidate from SC category the minimum qualification would be Class V pass.
- 15,20,456 voters are eligible to exercise their franchise
- Counting and announcement of results on the same day
- Polls would be held in 436 wards of 28 Municipal Committees – Naraingarh, Cheeka, Rajound, Barwala, Samalkha, Mahendergarh, Nangal Chaudhary, Bhuna, Ratia, Jhajjar, Safidon, Uchana, Tarori, Nissing, Gharaunda, Assandh, Ladwa, Pehowa, Shahabad, Ferozepur Zhirka, Nuh, Punhana, Bawal, Meham, Kalanwali, Ellenabad, Rania, and Ganaur.
- by-elections would also be held in ward No.9, Municipal Corporation, Panipat; ward No.1, Municipal Council Rewari; and ward No.7, Municipal Committee, Kalanaur where 25,145 eligible voters would exercise their right.
Data Source :
The post Haryana Municipal Elections 2016 appeared first on .